THE MIRACLE KAIRA

EPISODE 2





I had explained everything that was going on, and she in the calmest of voices told me everything would be alright, but I couldn’t be calm, she was in another state entirely so I wondered how she was going to get me to the hospital. I even started to wonder if calling her, had been the right option for me. 


She thought to call Mother, but Mother with her bad habit of turning off her phone before going to bed would probably not be reachable. She was worried, because Father was a deep sleeper and he would not even budge if his phone rang a billion times. He and Mother slept in separate rooms, it was almost impossible that she would hear his phone ring from afar, but then what could she do? She had to try, as they were in the better position to know who to call and what to do.

In all of this I could barely hear her anymore as the pain gripped me again. I hung up on her, as I couldn’t bear to allow her hear me screaming because it would only worry her more. She called back ten minutes later or so I thought but the pain wouldn’t let me pick up. She called severally, but all I could do then was stare at the phone wallowing in my pain and misery while thinking was this my end? Would I die today? And as this thoughts caressed my mind, so did relief flood my body and the pain subsided, so I thought to myself maybe thinking on death was the key to my freedom… ironic much? I thought so too.

So I called my sister back, and she did not have good news for me because as I predicted, mother’s phone was switched off and father did not pick up, she was at a loss but she promised to find a way like she knew I was relying solely on her. She called back almost immediately that Father had picked up and that Mother was going to call me now.

So fast forward to about 30 minutes later in between me wallowing in pain and talking to my mother, who said there was little or nothing she could do from where she was, so I should get ready and try to get to the hospital. Well there were a whole lot of restrictions in this department because, I didn’t have a car, even if I did, I doubt the pain would have let me drive. At this point I was at a loss, then a fresh revelation came to mind and I remembered Hajia, my amazing neighbor! She had a car and was always nice to me, how did I not think to call her all this while? 

So quickly I dialed her number, she picked up on the second ring, friendly as ever not even sounding like I had woken her up. I quickly explained my predicament to her and how I needed her to take me to the hospital as soon as possible. Haija calmly replied that she had forgotten to inform me that she had travelled the previous day and so couldn’t be of any help.

I dropped the call and cried profusely in my pain wondering who I had offended, that I had to have so many misfortunes in one night. This had to be like the Jim Carrey movie: A series of unfortunate events. I laid down on the ground and accepted my fate, that before daylight came, I would be no more. I have no idea how long I lay in my pain and tears, when I heard voices calling out my name from the parlor window. 


This had to be my mind playing games, because I did not know anyone……

Comments

  1. Maybe Hajia called someone to help? Hey! Where's the next part? Anxiously waiting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts!

SOLACE!!!

It took me two years......

THE ILLUSION!

"I have made money" party

Stagnation, my new obsession .

Jesus! Jesus! Help him!

MY YAHOO BOY EXPERIENCE