DEAR ALEX: A Tribute

 
Alexander Thomas Emmanuel Longsam
For all the pictures on the gram I didn’t like.
For all the goofy comments I didn’t post .
For all the phone calls I never made.
For all the hurts that I never forgave.
For all the times I never reached out.
For all the times I put a wall up so you could never reach me.
For all the times I thought you’d never leave me.
For all the times I took your love for granted.
For all the times I took advantage of your friendship.
For all the times I’d never hear your voice because you’re gone.
I grieve ! 
I thought we’d grow old together 
Remember how we said that we’d be funky grandparents sitting down on our pouch by the beach, Skyping each other and gossiping about our grand kids and their crushes.
How we talked about lighting up the stage with our fine acts.
How you wrote me a letter telling me this friendship was for eternity. 
What do I do with all these failed promises ?
How do I cope with this vacuum?
I dare not open my photo album, because your pictures are splashed all over.
I remember how we enraptured our audience, each time we took the stage either for a play, talk show, debate or even the news.
I remember how you’d shuffle your feet, annoyingly into my class and not ask for permission,before scooting me to the side of the chair just to give me gist.
I remember our first fight.
I remember the Saturday mornings,you’d wake me up to come meet you at TAP, just to tell me about a dream you had.
I remember the visiting days you knew no one would come to visit me and you’d share what you received in half for me and we’d take long walks to take my mind off it.
I miss you! 
I’m soaked in tears wishing I could turn back time and be a better friend.
Repay you for all that you did for me.
I remember, how you’d tell me to not give a damm about what people said about me, because I was beautiful in every way imaginable.
I remember when I’d feel bad about my health and you’d let me know that it gets better.
I remember that you loved me with all my imperfections and you never tried to change me.
Words fail me ! I miss you ! And I’ll always love you LONGSAM ❣️

Comments

  1. Am really sorry for your loss... I hard to always come to teems with losses, may his memories live forever in ur heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comfort for your loss dear 😢

    ReplyDelete
  3. It hurts to loose a loved one. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all miss him mehn!
    God gives you the fortitude to bear the loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm replying six months after and it still hurts like yesterday.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts!

SOLACE!!!

It took me two years......

THE ILLUSION!

Stagnation, my new obsession .

"I have made money" party

Jesus! Jesus! Help him!

MY YAHOO BOY EXPERIENCE