It took me two years......

"When your legs don't work like they used to be for" buzzed Sarah's phon Sarah ! Cassandra screamed "your phone " . Sarah ran all the way from the kitchen until she breathlessly answered the call " hey baby, good evening I missed you", "I missed you too" came the voice from the other end " I missed you so much that am right outside your house  " he continued " it's a lie, your in Lagos and am in calabar, stop joking  with me jor ! You know I take things personal" Sarah said a little too crossly. " baby I'll never lie to you, if you doubt it come on outside" " oga forget baby o if your not outside ba I'll do you strong thing o, I am coming" she said as she dropped the call." Who was that Cassandra asked " who else na? The  only man that can make me run 🏃 like usain bolt ⚡️" " hehehe, segun you mean? He's around? Wow he really does blow your mind " Cassandra muttered as she walked into the kitchen. Sarah quickly changed into a free flowing dress, took off her hairnet and walked outside into the cool harmattan winds in calabar. " omg ! Baby your not lying, your here" she screamed as she jumped on him and gave him a hug . Smiling he said "I'll do anything to see my princess , get in the car  lets go get suya and some fish" "oh baby your the best" Sarah said as she slipped into the car and strapped on the seatbelt like the seat was factory made specially for her.
"Baby why are we stopping the car  " she asked as she noticed he was parking by the roadside, " nothing much baby just wanna talk to you a little bit before we go on cos I have to leave tomorrow morning " "ok love what's up" she asked smiling.



"I am married" he said , "what? Married? How? When? To whom? Baby please stop joking and tell me what you really wanna say" Sarah said with both desperation and fear " look into my eyes darling, you know I love you, I never wanted to fall for you but I did and this has been the best 6months of my life, but I can't do it anymore because I care about you too much to hurt you that bad, I have been hurt and I do not want the same for you, I have a son and I do not wanna ruin life for him, please understand " he muttered with tears flowing down his face.
That was the last thing I remembered as I woke up in the hospital wondering how I got there, until it hit me, Segun was married and he had a son , a real family. I was so lost, I wanted to die, cry, beg him to let us continue but I knew better , I know you must be wondering but it was just six months now? Why all of the drama? Well to me it was like a lifetime and I fell hard and fast without thinking twice. Truth is I was broken but deep down I knew I was not destroyed, which meant that  I could be fixed and the only way I could get fixed was if I believed in my self to work hard enough and get past this. Segun kept calling weeks and months after that begging to be friends with me , I never took any of his calls but his text messages where almost suffocating! Do i miss him? That's a question only my heart can answer if it ever heals.
It's been 4years now ,it took me 2years to get over a relationship of six months but I did eventually and now I am getting married in a few days and I thought I should share this piece with every girl out there who has been broken, know this that you can be fixed , that hurt can fade away, that bruise could turn to a scar but we can be fixed cause we were not destroyed in the first place. We might carry the scars but then that's why it is called a memory , we have to remember it sometimes no matter how bitter sweet it may be . I am Sarah I was broken but now I am FIXED!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts!

SOLACE!!!

THE ILLUSION!

Stagnation, my new obsession .

Jesus! Jesus! Help him!

"I have made money" party

MY YAHOO BOY EXPERIENCE