MINDLESS MUSINGS: A TRAGEDY 1

 

 


 

The event that occurred today will pivot my life in a direction where tomorrow does not exist. I am Kessy Abimbola Williams. I am a journalist and content creator for Tore Media. Journalism was my first, middle and last name, I had been doing this for 8 years forsaking family, love and fun to make sure I was the best in my field. It was a fierce drive. I have a daughter though, Kendra and I had her when I was still unambitious and thought that being married with kids was the ultimate satisfaction I can possibly get out of life. 

My opinions however changed after Kendra’s father up and jilted me two weeks to our wedding when Kendra was barely a year old. My world crumbled literally, with no hope. I slipped into depression, battled insomnia, lost weight, became socially isolated and had constant suicidal thoughts as I could not really understand what had happened. There was nothing to look forward to again. 

I had been forced to move in with my mother as there was reasonable fear I could take my life anytime. The presence of my mother did not change much for me as I spent most of my time crying, wallowing in self-pity and barely eating. 

I remember one of those days that became a turning point in my life. I heard people screaming outside the house. I naturally would not have cared but it was rather unusual and I felt unsettled, I had thought to go outside as my mum and Kendra were out. Kendra had developed a habit of spending time with her grandma as I was too unbearable to stay with. As I threw on a dress on to step out, my mum rushed in and her scream jerked me with deep fear “Abimbola!!! Kendra... got hit by a truck…but...” The echo of my mother’s voice kept ringing in my head as I rushed out unable to breathe with the thought of her dead body lying still on the floor. 

 

What manner of fuckery have I brought upon myself??? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. I really wish the story continued really soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one 🤗🤗 I can't wait to read the next part

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts!

SOLACE!!!

It took me two years......

THE ILLUSION!

"I have made money" party

Stagnation, my new obsession .

Jesus! Jesus! Help him!

MY YAHOO BOY EXPERIENCE