Chapter 25- A Memorial

Alexander Emmanuel Longsam Thomas (1995-2019)




I planned to post this article on your birthday in April,but I was a mess.I thought I was stronger and that the pain from your passing had started to heal, but then I realized that even though time heals all wounds, I had not taken enough doses to heal me from the pain I feel every time, I think of you and all the memories we had.
Today isn’t the day you died, but today is the day I found out unceremoniously while sitting at the back of an uber a year ago.
I remember loosing it and breaking down, then wiping my tears and saying “this is obviously a joke, no one has said anything to me”. I refused to acknowledge that you were gone forever, even when your obituary graced my phone screen. I honestly do not know if this will go away, the hurt I mean, but I feel it in my soul that you are in a beautiful place. I see you in my dreams a few times telling me it will be okay! It might sound cliche to the readers, but I can hear you whisper “their opinion doesn’t really count cos I know it’s true”. Any way I wrote this piece to celebrate your 25th birthday! So let’s just read it together shall we?

Dear Alex,
I know you were not one to worry about tomorrow but rather you lived for today, so I will try not to bore you with all the stories of how much we all have missed you, but rather I will tell you that we are living one day at a time and we are killing this adulthood thing.

We always talked about landmark birthdays and how they were significant and special, you are an overdo person naturally but for birthdays you were extra overdo!
So I sit here and wonder what would you have done for age 25? My oh my! It would have been like the New Orleans carnival or wait let us bring it home more like the Abuja carnival!

Nice decor, great music,amazing food and lots and lots of friends from different stages of your life!
You would definitely have been overdressed and I would have said “Longsam your shakara is like that of a girl” and you probably would have replied with “ bestie we only have one life to live and I have to look nice for the camera”
You would have definitely shuffled your feet, walking up and down being in everybody’s face making jokes and just being you!
You would have given a mighty long vote of thanks and we would probably have been the last ones to leave because the music would have been calling our name!
It would have been fun! So much fun!
But I guess we would never find out!
You lived your life so well filled with so much love for all humanity! 

Happy 25th my darling ! Heaven will celebrate you !

P.S I found the last Valentine’s Day card you sent to me, it still sings even though it is not loud! I will probably attach a picture.



Comments

  1. Thomas was a super load of fun and joy. May his soul rest in peace😥. He is greatly missed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue to Rest in the Lord’s Bossom Longsam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 😔Ohh how I miss him, he was a father, a brother and a friend. My words may fail me but I know he sees my heart. Our bond transcended to a point where though he might be mute I would understand him in entirity. He left us at an early age nevertheless I would tag this, a celebration of a life well live, as I feel he desires us to know this. Live on Thomas heaven acknowledges your presence with the angels

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts!

SOLACE!!!

It took me two years......

THE ILLUSION!

"I have made money" party

Stagnation, my new obsession .

Jesus! Jesus! Help him!

MY YAHOO BOY EXPERIENCE