THE SIDE CHICK EXPERIENCE: EPISODE 3



“Babe, Babe!!. Can you please come to the kitchen? I need your help here. Thanks love”.

 

Hi there,

    I am Mrs. Bones, as I hear that is what I am being called. I am the not so boring, amazing, sexy housewife who loves and adores her family. Family is everything to me or should I say my kids are everything to me, watching my kids grow has been the most exciting experience, some days I cannot believe I am a mother. I remember when it was just I and my beloved before the kids came. It was hard for us to be away from ourselves as we did everything together and our connection was almost flawless, but I always felt nothing was ever this perfect.

   A siege mentality like when you have light for too long and you think the electricity distribution company has got to be up to something yeah? I remember how Nara (my former roommate in school) used to always ring a constant rhetoric in my head about how ‘all men cheat’ and it affected her so much that she never bothered to settle down and I guess some of her paranoia of men being unfaithful rubbed off on me. That must be it, I told myself, I was being paranoid but really there is nothing like being paranoid. Your worst fears can come true anytime, this is a nightmare I wish to last me a lifetime because I know when I wake up, it would not be real.

I met my beloved when I was in my final year in the university, I was one of the few students in my time who were young at heart and young in flesh. I was just 20 years old, I had mapped out my life as I desired and everything was set up for me to achieve that, except a man and I truly wanted to get married early. It was mid second semester and my mum was ill, so I had gone with her to the hospital for a checkup, when I saw him. More like he saw me, because I mean my mum was ill and that was my major worry, but I could feel his eyes on my body staring so deeply like he was in a trance. Even when I caught his gaze he never flickered, like other men do when I give them the ‘what hell are you looking at’ facial expression but not him, very confident man my beloved. He walked up to me after mum went in to see the doctor and he tried to have a conversation with me but I wasn’t having it. Who goes to the hospital to find love? That is sick! But he seemed to be a patient man. I had met his kind before, smooth talkers, easy on the face, cute lips, oh his lips were so cute! It was all I could focus on while he talked. I remember nodding vaguely as he asked for my number, oh no! I did not give it him but he gave it to me because like I said he was confident.

Confident that he had stolen my heart on that first day, confident that I would dial that number on the piece of paper, confident that I would not throw it in the trash. Why I called, I can never really tell maybe it was curiosity or maybe it was just fate drawing us together. He was amazing in his own ways, I never asked for too much and when I did he honored my request. If life could be more perfect then it will be heaven. There is no Mr. Perfect people always say, but I found the true template of what a man should be and I had that all to myself or so I thought.

I had barely dropped the pen for my final exams, when he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Of course I said yes, I had always craved an early marriage, beautiful kids and a loving husband while pursuing a career in the finance world. Well that career part never came to actualization because when given the choice to have time for my babies and build am enterprise with my beloved or be the 5th black CEO of a fortune 500 company, I definitely did not pass up the chance of choosing my family first.

 

Did my affections for the kids change my affection for my beloved? I wouldn’t say. No one can take his place and no one can take the place of my kids either. I found out the capacity to love is neither black nor white. My kids and my beloved are the best of my both worlds, but before the kids came we had a whole lot of activities together….

 I mean before we got married and after, oh the after! I am an omnivert as the situation permits and he made me love every day I spent with him. The honeymoon was beautiful as he had it planned out even before he asked me to marry him. Travelling the world had always been a dream and I fulfilled that with the best of my life beside me.

  Hmm… We never ventured into the nitty- gritty of sex before marriage so during the honeymoon it felt like a whole new world, we made love. My beloved is a perfect man, every inch of my body he knows and understands. Without asking like there was an ethereal connection between us, he knows exactly what I need and want next. The shivers down my spine and an almost out of body experience is something I never understood even till this day. My beloved is a thoughtful man who puts my satisfaction above his own. I must say that, a carefully planned out honeymoon is sweeter than the best wedding party there can ever be.

  There was a different activity each day of our honeymoon. The submarine ride, fishing, hiking, helicopter ride through the city, watching French movies at the cinema even though we both do not understand anything after Bonjour. There was the time we got chased out of the library. The goofy things we did together. A day we stayed indoors nude till sunset and only stepped out for a dinner at the Aquarium Restaurant. There was something so soothing and blissful about that day. My honeymoon was a beautiful experience that I will never trade for anything. We had decided to have no kids in our first year of marriage. A time we agreed to spend knowing and accepting each other better, It worked or I assume it did.

I remember when I told him I was pregnant. “WE ARE PREGNANT?” he asked with the wildest smile ever. “Yes baby”, I giggled and responded “we are definitely pregnant”. His excitement really was contagious. My beloved hated the sight of blood but he stayed and held my hands as I pushed out our first child, a baby girl. The light I saw shine in his eyes when he carried her. Like an angel with a halo caring for a baby. I had tears in my eyes, I was glad to have him by side all through “our” pregnancy. He always announced to people “I and the bone of my bone are pregnant”. He made me experience the joy of motherhood in a different way than most stories I have heard about new mothers. Oh did I say he got me my first car after we had our girl? But nothing is perfect.

Here we are almost 6 years later, with 3 beautiful kids an amazing enterprise and life could not be any better until I got that call, the call that most wives pray to never hear a call however that I had expected every day for the past three years, because like I said earlier I always suspected something was wrong, but I just could not wrap my fingers around it. Nothing is perfect they say and here I am gazing into an emptiness of nothing as every thought becomes a smoke that I could barely keep in the grasp of my hand. In the end though, no truth or lie stays hidden forever. With almost no effort on my part, I found the Golden Snitch. The truth revealed itself to me.

 

 

THE END!!!

Comments

  1. The ending was not really what I expected. You know that moment that u can predict a movie, this was definitely different and that makes it fascinating. I loved the whole story. I have a question though, if everything was so perfect from the wife's perspective, what then went wrong? I guess we might never know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it was perfect, at least in the end. The perfection was her reminiscing about the beginning.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts!

SOLACE!!!

It took me two years......

THE ILLUSION!

"I have made money" party

Stagnation, my new obsession .

Jesus! Jesus! Help him!

MY YAHOO BOY EXPERIENCE