Ice Cream; An Environmental Hazard



https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

She wasn’t like any other girl I'd seen or met in my entire life, now I'm not saying this because I am like every other guy on the street who says this to any girl just to get in bed with her, but rather I say this because in truth she truly was different in ways that you could never imagine as a man or as a woman. She was uniquely formed and with each passing day I saw her in a different light……




Oh Doyin where are your manners? At least introduce yourself to your readers before getting lost in the sauce of memory lane. My bad guys, I am ADEDOYIN STEVEN BANKOLE and as at the time of this finding I was in the final year in the University of Lagos studying Software Engineering and life was fully ahead of me but as I write this down for your reading pleasure, I do so from my honeymoon suite in Dubai with the love of my life sleeping on my chest, so we could say the wedding has prompted this stroll down memory lane.

Like I was saying, she wasn’t like any one I had ever met except of course the irony of this statement, was that I had never met her per say, we had never said as little as hello to one another, she was weirdly strange but beautiful in every way. Thinking about it now, I was nowhere close to normal myself, I say this because I analyzed a human being, without any form of interaction, and I mean who does that? Her round glasses showed off the tenderness of her beautiful brown eyes and her braces enhanced the setting of her teeth. She was one in a million you know? Smart, innovative, smart - again, always keeping me on my toes to be better than her in projects and assignments (Howbeit oblivious to her). Also I could not afford to not be the best in class regardless of how I idolized her, as I would just lose my scholarship but she inspired me to do better. I even imagined us having a software company together and how we would make a good team, dreams!

 So we never really spoke because we were shy or more like I was shy, I couldn’t tell what her feelings were then or ever, but with each passing day I kept observing, so much so I got to know her daily routine like it was mine, when she went for a run, what books she liked, her favorite programming software, her hostel, even her favorite ice cream flavor. Call me a stalker, call me obsessed or even crazy, I could care less, I was only a guy in love with an image of a girl he had carefully crafted himself, picture perfect dare I say. Every day seemed like the perfect time to walk up to her and say hi but with each and day that went by, my courage failed me and I thought to myself that maybe just maybe, I was doomed to wallow in this path all by myself.


Then a silver lining had to show up, because it was long overdue. My goddess in live form missed classes three days in a row and this never happens. I politely and unsuspiciously asked questions around and I caught the rhema that my angel had been sick for a while but was recuperating, good Lord! My rainbow after the storm was here. Based on my stalker levels, I knew where her hostel (Henry Carr) was located. I told myself, Adedoyin you have hit jackpot. I quickly dashed to my room Sodeinde - New Hall, had my bath, wore my best shirt and ran off to Yem Yem to get her favorite flavor of ice cream to seal the deal, not before stealing my roommate’s Chris Adams perfume, as I couldn’t even afford a deodorant at that time but then I couldn’t have her knowing that so off I went.
You guys like gist too much, I think I will take a break and rest a while with my love…..



Kidding! Back to the story!

I was excited all the way there, I knew she would not be expecting it and the look on her face would be priceless. I stood for over 30 minutes (time froze) in front of her door wondering if I should knock or just leave all together. I started asking myself who sent me to come here, but with the ice cream melting and dripping all over my shoes, I needed to take the bold step and knock. So I did and the door opened slowly as it was not properly locked I guess and to my amazement and somewhat disbelief, I saw my beloved angel with a look so priceless as I had imagined just not for the reason I had hoped, eyes shut in ecstasy in bed with a female geek course mate. I wasn’t sure whether the next best thing was to just sit down, eat the ice cream and enjoy the view, but I saw myself walk away quietly with her ice cream in hand, melting and dripping all over the place and my heart melting off in pain, like the ice cream, as though it was being slowly squeezed by a metal fist. I came to the conclusion that of a truth, ice cream was an environmental hazard.

Dedicated to my Wife Flora!


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... I didn't blink for sec... It is damn nice. Nice one hon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts!

SOLACE!!!

It took me two years......

THE ILLUSION!

Stagnation, my new obsession .

"I have made money" party

Jesus! Jesus! Help him!

Unspoken love