Nigeria's dreaded word!




I have realized in life that things never stay the same, not because they just want to evolve, rather because change is constant and this principle governs life as a whole. I remember a time when owning a landline was "What's up" and mind you, not just any kind of landline phone o but that one you would rotate and then it would connect you to operator. Am sure my 1960 children can relate. 

Anyways, fast forward to the early 2000 where owning a cellular was a big deal.. I still recall in 2001 when my dad came home with a motorola cellular phone, that had a really long antenna (I think for about 40k then) and mind you ,if yours did not have an antenna you were not a big boy o...Even SIM card sef! Was gold! We purchased our Econet sim for about 20000 naira, now that same sim card I bought a month ago, for 200 naira plus registration o .

I also remember my first love blackberry. Oh! Blackberry! that I never got to use because it was freaking expensive; if you did not use one like myself you'd have to ask others to understand what am saying. Even if it was blackberry tour, the point was you owned a Blackberry!! However my crush was on bold 5, it was in that time a BAD ASS! Chai! Just last week I saw that same phone being sold for 5k. Chimo! I literally sat on the floor and laughed eya!.. 
Anyways, take a walk with me to 2013, guess what the new craze was... ANDROID! Ya! anyone at all as long as it was an android phone, you were good to go.. i recall my first android Techno M3, chisus! Me that I have never seen complete touch screen before besides the movies, I started living the life o. Funny how the  last time I did a survey, techno did not make that version no more cos it was antique and outdated! Wow! Already? 

I was still recovering and experiencing bliss in my android  world, when I heard that the new craze was iPhone. Shuu! They have come again, this world people! Anyway, somehow as providence would have it, I managed to acquire my first apple product iPad. Rest In Peace dearest iPad. I know you're wondering but that's gist for another day. Anyway, after I acquired this masterpiece or so I thought, I did not hesitate to answer when asked what product it was with excess pride in my voice and a humble smile on my face, I would say "it's apple" 😂😂😂I was in cloud nine Jor! 

 Only for me to hear that there is another new craze called iPhone 7 and 7s , that costs about half a million naira. Wait you read that right? Half a million! Jesus! I no do again o kilode? What happen?   

I do not plan on arguing with anyone that change is not constant, in fact I more than everyone agree that change is constant but where me and person go get issues Na when they insist that it is for everybody. Biko, nna it's not for everybody o! As you see me so I rest my case..


Comments

Popular posts!

SOLACE!!!

It took me two years......

THE ILLUSION!

Stagnation, my new obsession .

Jesus! Jesus! Help him!

"I have made money" party

MY YAHOO BOY EXPERIENCE